Thursday, 6 March 2014

Is this a thing? My sudden aversion to Second Life


I wonder if anyone else has had the issue I am currently experiencing?  After years of exploring virtual worlds over the past 6 months I have developed more than just the typical boredom: they actually make me physically illl to be in them.  I get headaches, anxiety and aversion when I go in to any virtual reality.

This make taking my class on Virtual Worlds and Literature really hard.  LOROL gave me terrible headaches and made it hard for me to sleep.

Since then it has just gotten worse.  I can't take more than 5 minutes of Second Life till my head feels like it is going to split.  Everything looks ugly, sounds ugly and makes my skin crawl.

I can't believe that just 6 years ago I used to spend about 10 hours a week in Second Life and blog about it almost everyday, now if I spent an hour in it I can't sleep.

Has anyone else known of a case like this?  Is it a common reaction over time to Virtual Reality?  Does it have a name?

1 comment:

ZZ BOTTOM said...

Easy to solve, get a desktop that can show all the beauty of Alm and shadows on ultra graphics on a decent monitor (forget about laptops or whatever, never less then a 23 inch monitor).
Also use Ukando or Kokua or official LL viewer, but run away from any that is not using Latest LL code!

Links to this site

Official Linden Blog

About Me

My Photo

I have really strong opinions about silly things that I can validate using the strongest social theory, like why you should not watch Sex in the City or how the Simpsons promotes democracy.