Friday, 3 December 2010

Music in Second Life


I almost always turn the music off in Second Life. I simply can not stand the music people listen to. But viewer 2 blasts the music each time you enter a SIM, perhaps its worst features. I bring my own music with me in RL I want the same in SL.

In this SIM, where women train lesbian pony girl slaves they listen to country western. I was surprised at just how right wing and patriarchal country music has become. One song by a female voice was in worship of the "solid man" who lives by established principles. Another song refrained "out here" which made the claim that rural agricultural workers do most of the fighting in wars. A claim that is kind of pathetic given the large number of urbana and minority groups that join the military.

Perhaps this was a moment of reality in Second Life. Normally we set the time of day, change the music, mute people we don't like an TP where ever we want to go. This puts us in a kind of self created bubble.

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog