Tuesday, 28 September 2010

The Cyborg will have a gender


I have written a great deal about my favorite radical feminist Marxist technology theorist Donna Haraway, probably because I just think it is cool to have a favorite radical feminist Marxist technology theorist. As I stated Donna in the Cyborg Manifesto speculated that the state of merging with technology might free of from the binary of gender constraint.



After three years of looking at this issue in Second Life I have serious doubts about Haraway's concept. I have come to the conclusion of the very opposite: that free the limitation of biology and free to create what ever identity one wants, people tend to make identities that are more in line with cultural concepts of gender, in something I call hyper-gender.





Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog