Sunday, 4 April 2010

BBC News - South Korea couple tried over dead 'web neglect' baby

BBC News - South Korea couple tried over dead 'web neglect' baby: "A South Korean couple have gone on trial charged with allowing their baby daughter to starve to death while they played an online computer game.

Prosecutors said they fed the baby once a day and left her alone for hours while they visited internet cafes.

They said the couple were obsessed with playing a game in which they had to raise a virtual girl.

The 41-year-old man and 25-year-old woman were arrested in March, five months after reporting the death.

Last month, a police officer told the Yonhap news agency they appeared to have 'lost their will to live a normal life'."

No comments:

Official Linden Blog