Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Darling Sands



Darling Sands Home for Grissy Lola & Snow



I don't do news years resolutions because I find they don't work. 2009 started out with my main hope to keep my house and mental health through the economic collapse and 2009 turned out to be one of the best years of my life, if not the best.

But I have decided to start learning more and more 3-D technology. I have looked at SL mostly as a Facebook with a nice UI. But over the coming years I hope to start thinking more and more about how 3-D links in to social. This thinking came from my new 64 bit Windows 7 machine with a 30 inch screen and 8 GB RAM (do NOT settle for 4). Also seeing the movie Avatar and talking to people about augmented reality has lead me to start studying SilverLight and to expand my thinking about how 3-D will ground the social network.

I keep thinking about Marvin Minsky who counters Chomsky by saying that the only deep structure a language user needs is a visual understanding in 3D. The more I think about this the more I think that the Semantic Web will have to be 3-D, and in order to make sense it will have to be a space we can move about with in Avatars, that is it has to be Virtual Reality.

The flat smart phone only web is coming to an end, get ready for the real metaverse.

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog