Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Reality Envy in Second Life


Farwell Island

There is some degree of "wealth play" in Second Life. I am usually more impressed on how little wealth play there is. Wealth, in most of its forms, is probably more of the removal of daily misery rather than enjoyment. It is my personal experience that the rich are no happier than other people, and what makes for joy in the rich is the same as what makes for joy in the poor. A poor person with a good marriage will be far happier than a recently divorced rich person.



In my own opinion I can't think of anything boring to do with a second reality as to build a yacht. It seems to me that people who let their imaginations go, who build things more separated from our concepts of wealth have the most successful SIM.




Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog