Monday, 5 October 2009

Smoke


Watching the smoke rise over New Babbage I wonder why a new generation would celebrate virtual pollution? Steam Punk is suppose to be about rebuilding Victorianism without the negatives. Environmental degradation is clearly not included in the list of negatives. Still it looks very cool. It does look a lot cooler than the wind mills and solar panel installation using up tiny amounts of energy to rezz in an effort to seem green.



Looking at people I hope live in cleaner environments than their grandparents and having breathed this kind of smoke I wonder what can be the meaning of so many independent users topping their estate with smoke like this. Why not imagine a Neo-Victorian sustainable green technology?

And again my doubts about some parts of my beloved Steam Punk come up. Can not one just view this as a celebration of industrial pollution?

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog