Thursday, 8 October 2009

The logic of Rooms



A space like IMVU is build by rooms. People will always be in rooms and rooms are a certain size. The universe grows by adding rooms which are isolated. The entire space is structred as an internal social space. It is possible to give the illusion of being outdoors but the reality is rooms as meeting spaces.



Second Life does have rooms in it, but it offers and expansive space which in my opinion is way way to big for the population. Second Life's in world population is about the size of my home town at any given time. My home town was not crowded, but Second Life seems like an empty desert given all the things it has compared to my home town.


This sense of emptiness strikes someone exploring the space and I think turns a lot of people off. Few people are like me who just want to explore. The other problem is SL is becoming more and more a space for introverts to explore. I rarely socially interact in Second Life any more.

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Official Linden Blog