Friday, 25 September 2009

New to this Universe?



It has been stated to me time and time again by others, and I have observed it again, that it is common for new players to wear wings. Many people attribute this to the fact they are amazed by the ability to fly. But a few years back I had to read some Lacan on the Mirror Phase and I observed that he said dreams with wings in them are signs of recent identity assumption of a crisis in identity. Lacan said the wings were a sign of the fragmented body, which would be resolved by the assumption of a strong identity in the Imaginary state.




So that is now my reading of the newbies have wings, that entering Second Life gives one a fragmented body and wings are a step in the struggle to form a more solid identity.

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog