Thursday, 9 July 2009

To Give Up or to Not Give Up?

I think, that for anyone interested in Second Life this must be the best achieve of images, SLURL locations, and text on the web. You can search this by almost any term you want and find communities and activism from activism to zoology. Lands, space, plants, skies, buildings, communities, and social structures, and ideas. All that is missing is readers.

That is not to say that things I post don't sometimes get around. Sometimes people find themselves in group pictures and ask I take them down, which I always do even though you should be aware that SL is a public space and your avatar has just a much privacy as any URL without an authentication system: NONE. But that is another issue

The issue here is that SL is so clearly and obviously dying!!!! In the hype obsessed universe of the modern Internet the Second Life moment in the sun was 2006 and 2007. To paraphrase Bruno, SL is so 2007.

I have seen the number of hits I get from Google searches collapse in past weeks, and the flow of viewers has just suddenly utterly dried up. I get many more viewers from my SharePoint, politics and collaboration blog work.

I think what keeps me going is the fact that this is a supply of first hand participate observation of Second Life, and in all modesty I think that I have created the best first hand observational record of the state of Second Life in the world.

If only people would use it.

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog