Friday, 17 July 2009

The Second Life Archipelago



The Second Life Archipelago


Second Life is evolving in to a mass of islands, with the major land masses, once seen as the "space" of Second Life now just big islands in a massive archipelago of isolated Islands. The entire "land" "island" "water" metaphor seems to be breaking down as people purchase more and more islands over other land masses. This map is also very hard to navigate, with new islands pooping up again and again. For example I can find certain places and things from the larger land masses, but I have not idea where islands I go to all the time are situated in the mass ocean. Second Life as a alternative planet is dying and becoming a google like mass of isolated spaces searched via content or linked via social networks, but not discovered by travel.

I wish Linden Labs would open up the sea. Its just space on a map, you can't really go there. I want to sail the length of Second Life as I have walked and flown through the land masses, but I can not.

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Krissy Muggleston said...

"with new islands pooping up again and again"

Lmao!

Official Linden Blog