Saturday, 30 May 2009

Second Life Democracy: Maybe this thing will work?


After being kicked out of Deadwood Wild West SIM for refusing to take off native American clothing, and being told that the SIM could not allow either native Americans or individuals role playing people who traded with native Americans out of "respect for history"; I was felling like I often feel in Second Life.

Overall I have become pretty hopeless that SL or the Internet can have any positive effect, and the ability to control reality in SIMs promotes imagined realities that promote racism and prejudice. I have become specifically concerned about steampunk and Neo-Victorianism which I think is an effort to re-establish white western world domination in imagination.

And then I followed an invite to a Pow Pow, wear a pray was offered to Native American Vets and we joined an animated circle and moved to native music. It was very moving, and there were way more Indians than I saw at that event at Deadwood. Maybe this Second Life thing will work.

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog