Monday, 13 April 2009

Renting revolution



Second Life Republicans have joined in RL republicans who, in Obama's first 70 days have decided that unlike the hunt for WMD in Iraq efforts to stabalize the economy must be opposed at all costs. In RL they don't seem to be going anywhere.



And in SL they have reverted to campers. The only reason there was anyone there was because of the campers. Probably their "tea parties" are 3 guys and their alts.



This gives me an excuse to rant. In 2003-2004 I wanted to check Second Life out. Problem was that I and my business partners were still suffering from the dot com collapse. Now we all understand that I am my business partners must have been idiots to think there was a future in Internet based technology, maybe some day things will turn around. Well that said, in 2003-2004 I didn't have money for the kind of machine I would need to go to SL or really time to do it struggling to survive and frankly I had more important things on my mind.

SL is actually a terrible place to get the feel for the victims of society. Everyone here is pretty much one of the lucky ones.

Oh and how did I am my company do? 2009 is already the best year we ever had and if we could clone ourselves we could make almost limitless money. The Internet is booming through the recession and established players have it made because:

1. So many people were forced out in 2001-2004 that those who kept their nerve have a major advantage.
2. There is no Capital now to start new companies, so we are not getting young people to come along.
3. The very technology I work in can save so much money no one cares much about spending on it.

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog