Thursday, 12 March 2009

Using Second Life to explore lit


I am doing an art project in New Babbage

I am taking a course involving a study of Victorian English Lit. Though I love Kipling and Jane Austen I have not been able to get into Dickens.

To motivate meself I have become a street performer, dancing and texting British songs and movs. I am going to move my speakers down here and inflict some singing.

My personality is a real Fagin from Oliver Twist, a liar who pressures the good people of New Babbage for pennies and schillings. About 20 LD. Each person who gives me a coin finds that I pretend to steal something from them. So far I have acted that I have taken a gold watch, cigs, and a book. In time I will steal spats, a coat, a fine walking stick, and a fancy monocle and as I beg I hope to evolve and develop my identity as a Dickens character, using the community of New Babbage to explore.

Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog