Monday, 22 December 2008

AVs hanging out in Second Life



Okay another picture of AVs hanging out in Second Life.


I used to post an expedition around as much of Second Life's land as I could get to. recently I have been posting pictures of fairly common Second Life avatars standing around doing nothing. Why?

Well in my own selfish world-view they are not doing nothing. Each of these avatars is an artifact. Each expresses a statement of identity. I am collecting these images to analyse the gender identity in Second Life.



What strikes me more and more all the time is the conventional standards of gender identity used in Second Life. People can select and construct a wide range of different kinds of identities, but they tend to select images that confirm to advertising campaign slogans. Things like high heels and short dresses which one rarely sees in places like New York or London are everywhere in Second Life.




Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Official Linden Blog