Wednesday, 6 August 2008

Becoming Nemo



Becoming Verne in Second Life


In the terms of people who study post-modern identity formation and virtual worlds we say that we suture in to an identity formed in a genre, we play a role.

Reading Verne I often come to Second Life to explore the waters in some of my submarines. I own a number of subs and planes.

This gives me a kind of extended Mirror on which to take something there for me. Just as in art we identify with a certain figure, Nemo is Verne's best mirror. I have written about some of this more in my wiki of Second Life theory Identity

The point is that you use a space like Second Life to more full build the experience of art. With a full Internet you can Wikipedia the author. You can look up pictures tagged with him in Flickr or blog posts with him as a tag in Technorati or anything in Del.icio.us.



Rober1236 Jua the Cyber Trekker of Second Life
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog