Sunday, 25 May 2008

Tlacuilo




From notecard:

"Emilie Cryotank is Sara Adrian

Biography

Sara Adrian's paintings have been exhibited in solo and group exhibitions throughout the United States. She had sold works and completed commissions to and for private collections in the US, Europe, and Japan.Sara Adrian was born in Columbus Ohio in 1974. She received her B.F.A. from Columbus College of Art and Design, and an Associates Degree in Commercial Art from Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education

Center.

Artist Statement

The best way to describe my work is to say they are non-secular icons. The subjects are derived from personal experiences and observations, stories other people have related to me, social or political issues or a combination of each. I put them together in an allegorical or symbolic method, borrowing from historical and contemporary symbols, myths, & personal intuition. I want to set up a visual puzzle for the viewer, not to lead them to obvious conclusions but to show them a different possibility from what they may have previously experienced. Color is very important to my work, and has just as much symbolic meaning as the figures, or shapes used in the painting. I also like using obscure or forigen language or signs in my work to give cues to what I am trying to communicate, & give the viewer something to research if they wish to do so. However, having the viewer understand exactly where the work is coming from is not something I'm concerned with, I want to lead them on a path and have them draw their own conclusions. Visually, I derive inspiration from Retablo painting, Byzantine and Celtic art, German expressionism, Alchemy, world mythology, and Contemporary art."
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog