Saturday, 17 May 2008

Second Life is math before reality



In Second Life scripts you position, and everything about you is a function of mathematics. "Reality" should place some limit on what is possible but in the chaotic nature of Second Life code is produced that allows mathematics to extend beyond the "possible".


In this case I have managed via a rocket script to set myself in to an insane orbit, one that does not confirm to any actual positions on Seocnd Life and can only be said not to be in Second Life space but in a kind of HyperSpace, but a totally empty hyperspace.


I end up extending beyond Moca 700,000, 400,000, and 100,000.

Given that a Sim is 255, 255, 4,000 I have been project through hyper virtual reality 28,000 SIMS x, 16,000 SIMs y, and 25 SIM z with no signs of stopping.

I can recieve and send IMs. I can even change my clothing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Official Linden Blog