Friday, 30 May 2008

Bored with Second Life?



I can't put my figure precisely on it but at a certain point Second Life has become very boring to me. Second Life suffers from an inability to hold attention long term. The vast majority of visitors don't stay long. The problem seems to be that it is still more of a game than a society. People join and many spend long hours at it only to become bored and give it up.

I have not played my XBox once this year and the thing has become a DVD player. If not for maybe 3 contacts inworld I would not stay at all. The endless flow of products and consumerism becomes duller and duller. Even the mass of art and lectures after a while becomes boring. Like the World Wide Web too much information at your finger tips means too little knowledge.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Official Linden Blog