Friday, 5 October 2007

Native American Story Teller in Second Life


Cyon Manga prepares to continue here series of stories from Native Americans here in Second Life. Cyon is one of my own personal heroes in Second Life. She started typing the stories and now speaks them to us. I have seen 4 performances and each went on for hours. She has an extensive knowledge of Native American folklore and a seemingly limitless set of stories.

Work of her and other artists like her are one of the great promises of Second Life, that the space will allow greater sharing of culture and distribution and rebirth of native and unique cultures. I also see some geisha performances. You may be able to see that I am dressed for the occasion in a blue native outfit that Cyon showed to me.
Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment

Official Linden Blog